- Tick your way to a POSITIVE FUTURE
Tick your way to a POSITIVE FUTURE
Tick your way to a POSITIVE FUTURE!
Every night, when you go to bed, think about what you achieved during that day (big or small). Tick them off in your mind.
If you say NOTHING - How does it make you feel? Doesn’t a negative feeling hang over you?
How can you change this?
Try to make sure you've done something positive each day. You'll be amazed how it will lift your mood when you start ticking off achievements. The more you tick off, the more successful you'll feel. It will give you a sense of purpose and build your self-esteem.
Here are only 20 ideas for you to think about:
- Study for a driver’s licence
- Tidy your room
- Learn a FREE computer skill online
- Think of one thing you're grateful for
- Help someone else do something
- Pick up a black bag full of litter
- Apply for a job
- Do your washing
- Attend a free workshop
- Go to a museum
- Do 30 minutes of exercise
- Prepare for an exam
- Do something unexpected for someone else
- Mend your clothes or polish your shoes
- Volunteer to teach soccer at a local school
- Enrol in a FET college
- Compliment 5 people
- Reduce swearing or gossiping ... or both
- Update your CV
- Save some money
There are hundreds and thousands of things you can do during your day.
- Make your day work for you!
- Feel the difference!
- If you go to sleep in a good mood, you’ll probably wake up in a good mood!
Isn’t that a great way to start a day?
There’s a very famous philosophy which says: What you put in is what you get out.
Basically it means: If you put nothing into your life, you’ll get nothing out.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
‘Life is like a trumpet – if you don’t put anything into it, you don’t’ get anything out of it.’ – William Handy
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Other articles to read:
- What to do - when you’re doing nothing
- Why are some people always happy?
- Doing a personal SWOT analysis
Career Planet content