- Terms And Conditions
Terms And Conditions
CAREER PLANET Terms and Conditions
Updated: June 2013
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, Career Planet and/or its licensors own the intellectual property (IP) rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
• Republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
• Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
• Show any material from the website in public;
• Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
• Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
• Redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
• For permission to use any of our content, you can contact Career Planet using our online contact form at careerplanet.co.za/contact
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without Career Planet’s express written consent.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without Career Planet’s express written consent.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. Career Planet reserves the right to restrict access to other areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at Career Planet’s discretion.
If Career Planet provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
Career Planet may disable your user ID and password in Career Planet’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to Career Planet a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to Career Planet the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or Career Planet or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
Career Planet reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on Career Planet’s servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
Notwithstanding Career Planet’s rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, Career Planet does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Career Planet makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Career Planet does not warrant that:
• This website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
• The information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, definitive advice of any kind. [If you require advice in relation to any [legal, financial or medical] matter you should consult an appropriate professional.]
Limitations of liability
Career Planet will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
• To the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
• For any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
• For any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Career Planet has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Career Planet’s liability in respect of any:
• Death or personal injury caused by Career Planet’s negligence;
• Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Career Planet ; or
• Matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Career Planet to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Career Planet has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Career Planet’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Career Planet’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Career Planet.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify Career Planet and undertake to keep Career Planet indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by Career Planet to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Career Planet’s legal advisors) incurred or suffered by Career Planet arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions[, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to Career Planet’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Career Planet may take such action as Career Planet deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider (ISP) to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Career Planet may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website.
Career Planet may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with Career Planet’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Career Planet in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with South African laws, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
• Career Planet is a Section 21 (not-for-profit) company
• Registration no: 2007/007480/08
• PBO number: 930025803
You can contact Career Planet using our online contact form at careerplanet.co.za/contact
Or call us in Cape Town, South Africa, on +27-21-4477-4661
This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com.
- SABC High School Career Expo: 24 & 25 August at Century City, Cape Town
- 18 AUGUST: FREE PARENT SEMINAR: Help your child make an informed career choice! Register for False Bay College's free Parent Seminar and Learner Career Assessment online.
- ESKOM EXPO for Young Scientists: Nationwide from 15-31 August 2018
- High School Scholarships. Apply by 31st August 2018.
- DON'T MISS SASOL TECHNO X 2018 at the Boiketlong Sport Centre, Eric Louw Road in Sasolburg from 13 – 17 August 2018.
- SAB is embarking on their most ambitious search yet for SA’s most promising and determined entrepreneurs. Only 60 places are available nationally for the SAB Foundation Tholoana Programme.
- Attention Boss Ladies! 10 week fully-funded 'Top Tech Tools for Women in Business' program for ambitious entrepreneurs. Applications close 31 August
- FREE BASIC COMPUTER TRAINING OPPORTUNITY. Applications close 20 August 2018 Venue: False Bay Colleges, Western Cape