- What is an Entrepreneur?
What is an Entrepreneur?
If you find this article useful, please tell us at the end of the article.
Entrepreneurs are people who start their own businesses. Entrepreneurship is not for everyone. The decision to become an Entrepreneur is a specific career path choice. Entrepreneurs think out-the-box and will take a risk when it comes to starting a business. An Entrepreneur is a very observant person who will constantly be looking for a gap or a need in the market and then try to fill it.
An Entrepreneur is someone who:
1. Is observant and actively looks for business opportunities around them.
2. Thinks creatively,and is a problem solver.
3. Is willing to take business risks.
4. Is willing to work hard – sometimes without financial reward in the beginning.
5. Does not allow themselves to get discouraged by others and DOES NOT GIVE UP!
Does this sound like you? If so…read on!
1. Have a vision, a business plan and the determination to succeed!
2. Network with others for support, and to find opportunities!
3. Move around their communities looking and listening to what people want or need.
4. Understand that running a successful business needs many different skills.
When necessary they bring in people who have the skills that they do not.
5. Understand the importance of managing their finances carefully and do not waste money
6. Invest profits back into the company
7. Comply with legal business requirements: Click here for more information.
8. Keep on learning
9. Seek, and accept, good advice from experts
10. Share wisdom to help other emerging entrepreneurs along the way
If you are sure that you want to become an entrepreneur, there are MANY opportunities and support systems to help make your dreams become a reality.
Click here to see South Africa's Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Map developed and compiled by ANDE (Aspen network of Development Entrepreneurs)
Be observant - see the gap – be brave - take the initiative (go for it!)
A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now.
Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today.
The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.
- Nolan Bushnell -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Did you find this article useful?
Thank you for sharing. For more info, post your question in ASK US.
Our Ask Us Team will get back to you as soon as they can.