- Matrics - 3 Opportunities for you!
Matrics - 3 Opportunities for you!
If you find this article useful, please tell us at the end of the article.
3 Opportunities for Matrics!
Now that you have completed writing exams and you have passed your matric – what’s the next step?
Here are 3 options:
1. Get a job!
Without a diploma or degree you will have to start off at the bottom of a company. With the right attitude, passion and hard work, you could see yourself climb the corporate ladder. It might take you longer than someone with a tertiary qualification but you’ll get there in the end.
Jobs to consider:
- For example: trainee buyer, trainee manager, trainee laboratory technician, etc. The list is long.
- In this position you will get on the job training. You must be willing to learn and work hard.
- Examples of skills you need:
- computer literate (Word, Excel, Office, and sometimes PowerPoint etc)
- organisational skills
- pay attention to details
Entry level retail jobs
- For example: sales assistants, trainee jobs, shelf packers, cashiers, picker, packer, warehouse staff etc
- You will usually need a clean criminal record for these positions.
- You can get all sorts of Assistant jobs. A qualified person usually needs help and requires an assistant. You could learn while you earn. Again, with the right, positive attitude, you may find yourself with more responsibility and higher pay.
- Examples of Assistant jobs: Office Assistant, Plumber Assistant, Event Manager Assistant, Storeroom Assistant, Van Assistants etc. The list is long.
- A driver’s license is recommended but not usually compulsory.
Call Centre Jobs
- You can work in an inbound or outbound Call Centre position. Most Call Centre companies train you. You need to have good communication skills and a good, clear speaking voice.
- If you have a valid driver’s license (Code 8 – 14) you can get a Driver job in a courier company, or as a messenger or bus driver etc. You will need to be punctual and reliable.
CLICK HERE to look for jobs on our website. We try to load new ones almost every day.
2. Get an Apprenticeship
If you have a Matric with Maths and Physical Science there are usually lots of opportunities for various apprenticeships.
For example: Auto and Aircraft Mechanics, Boilermakers, Tool-jig and Die Makers, Mec hatronics etc
CLICK HERE: For over 200 Artisan job descriptions
There are also Apprenticeships available for those who do NOT have Maths or Physical Science.
CLICK HERE: To look for Apprenticeships on our website. We try to load new ones almost every week.
CLICK HERE: For more info on how to become an Artisan
CLICK HERE: What is a Learnership?
There are many kinds of learnerships available to Matrics.
Examples of Learnerships: Banking, IT, Call Centre, Technicians, Textile, Printing, Nursing, Finance or Insurance, etc.
CLICK HERE: To look for Learnerships on our website. We load new ones almost every day.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you want something you’ve never had,
you have to do something you’ve never done! – Anon
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Other articles to read:
- What is a certified copy?
- Recipe for Success: Why job hunting’s like baking a cake?
- 10 Mistakes made in job interviews
Career Planet content
Did you find this article useful?
Thank you for sharing. For more info, post your question in ASK US.
Our Ask Us Team will get back to you as soon as they can.