- Get Finance
Small business finance
Welcome to our 'Get Finance' section.
Money’s usually everyone’s problem. People are always trying to make money, save money, get loans, budget etc. This can be very stressful.
Our Get Finance section has articles to try and help you manage your finances and well as giving you useful tips and advice.
If you get your finances in order – you’ll probably have less stress.
And, ... if you have less stress, life is more fun.
What is a STUDENT LOAN?
- It’s money that you borrow to cover your tertiary education. You MUST pay the money back!
What is a BURSARY?
- Some bursaries will pay your studies in full (studies, accommodation & books) and some bursaries only pay a percentage of the total.
- It depends on the bursary – some you need to pay the full amount back after you have qualified and others you don’t have to pay a cent.
What is a SCHOLARSHIP?
- Students don’t usually apply for scholarships. Scholarships are usually awarded to students with outstanding academic achievements! Their hard work has been recognised and rewarded!
What are MY responsibilities?
- Usually, if you borrow money - you will have to pay it back. Make sure you understand the interest rate and how much the end amount will be.
- For example: If you borrowed R50 000 + interest, you might, depending on the % of interest, have to pay back R60 000!!!
- So shop around for the best interest rates. You don’t want to pay more than you have to.
5 Top tips for choosing your loan:
- Read the information and documents CAREFULLY before signing
- Make sure you understand it 100%. Take the documents home and have someone explain it to you.
- Never feel pressurised to sign the documents if you don’t understand the whole process.
- Make sure you know exactly how much you have to pay back … and when!
- Compare the ‘interest rates’ between all the different loan options
Other articles to read:
- SABC High School Career Expo: 24 & 25 August at Century City, Cape Town
- 18 AUGUST: FREE PARENT SEMINAR: Help your child make an informed career choice! Register for False Bay College's free Parent Seminar and Learner Career Assessment online.
- ESKOM EXPO for Young Scientists: Nationwide from 15-31 August 2018
- High School Scholarships. Apply by 31st August 2018.
- DON'T MISS SASOL TECHNO X 2018 at the Boiketlong Sport Centre, Eric Louw Road in Sasolburg from 13 – 17 August 2018.
- SAB is embarking on their most ambitious search yet for SA’s most promising and determined entrepreneurs. Only 60 places are available nationally for the SAB Foundation Tholoana Programme.
- Attention Boss Ladies! 10 week fully-funded 'Top Tech Tools for Women in Business' program for ambitious entrepreneurs. Applications close 31 August
- FREE BASIC COMPUTER TRAINING OPPORTUNITY. Applications close 20 August 2018 Venue: False Bay Colleges, Western Cape