- Get Finance
Small business finance
Welcome to our 'Get Finance' section.
Money’s usually everyone’s problem. People are always trying to make money, save money, get loans, budget etc. This can be very stressful.
Our Get Finance section has articles to try and help you manage your finances and well as giving you useful tips and advice.
If you get your finances in order – you’ll probably have less stress.
And, ... if you have less stress, life is more fun.
What is a STUDENT LOAN?
- It’s money that you borrow to cover your tertiary education. You MUST pay the money back!
What is a BURSARY?
- Some bursaries will pay your studies in full (studies, accommodation & books) and some bursaries only pay a percentage of the total.
- It depends on the bursary – some you need to pay the full amount back after you have qualified and others you don’t have to pay a cent.
What is a SCHOLARSHIP?
- Students don’t usually apply for scholarships. Scholarships are usually awarded to students with outstanding academic achievements! Their hard work has been recognised and rewarded!
What are MY responsibilities?
- Usually, if you borrow money - you will have to pay it back. Make sure you understand the interest rate and how much the end amount will be.
- For example: If you borrowed R50 000 + interest, you might, depending on the % of interest, have to pay back R60 000!!!
- So shop around for the best interest rates. You don’t want to pay more than you have to.
5 Top tips for choosing your loan:
- Read the information and documents CAREFULLY before signing
- Make sure you understand it 100%. Take the documents home and have someone explain it to you.
- Never feel pressurised to sign the documents if you don’t understand the whole process.
- Make sure you know exactly how much you have to pay back … and when!
- Compare the ‘interest rates’ between all the different loan options
Other articles to read: