- Job Descriptions
- Green Careers
Green Careers Job Descriptions
- Are you passionate about protecting our environment?
- Are you interested in reducing carbon footprints?
- Would you like to work outdoors?
If you said YES to ONE of these questions – this job sector may interest you.
Careers and jobs in this ‘Green’ sector are very exciting because they need new and creative solutions to problems of climate change. Countries around the world are trying to reduce their carbon footprint and are looking to inventors and experts and to steer them in the right direction.
What’s a carbon footprint?
A carbon footprint is an annual measurement of how much CO2, (carbon dioxide - a greenhouse gas), that each of us makes during the day. We produce it through daily activities like manufacturing, transport and the disposal of waste, to name a few. This carbon dioxide has a negative impact on our environment. Many countries, companies and individuals are now trying to find ways to minimise their carbon footprint. Are you?
Articles to read:
- Volunteering – how can it help me?
- 20 Most common job-interview questions
- Job applications - how to avoid disappointment!
Photo Montage above - credits to: Plant, Recycle Logo, Building for the Future (Graeme Williams)*, Solar Heating, Windmills
* Media Club South Africa high-res photo library - other photos from Free Downloads