- Job Descriptions
- Artisans, Trades and Technicians
Artisans, Trades and Technicians
Are you good with your hands?
Are you practical?
Would you like to work for yourself one day?
If you said YES to ONE of these questions – this job sector may interest you.
This is Decade of the Artisan!
Calling men and women...
Artisans are in demand – worldwide!
DID YOU KNOW: You can start your artisan training in grade 10?
Most careers and jobs under Artisans, Trades & Technicians require you to work with your hands.
There are lots of different areas you could work in. There is such a shortage of Artisans worldwide, that the chance of getting employment is really good, here or overseas.
Entrepreneurs can also open their own business or become consultants. You will need work experience and a good skill set to start either.
We have over 200 job descriptions in this sector. If you want more information about careers as Artisans, Trades & Technicians - click on the different sectors on the left (or below) to find different and interesting job descriptions.
Link to MerSETA's 'Career Portal' for more info & videos etc
Other articles to read:
Photo Montage above - credits to: Man in blue, Lady Jeweller (Chris Kirchhoff)*, 2 Men (Graeme Williams)*, Man's face (Graeme Williams)*, Man in green (Chris Kirchhoff)*
* Media Club South Africa high-res photo library - other photos from Free Downloads
- Showcase your technology innovation at INNOVATE! AT SUMMIT 2018. Apply now. Entries close on 15th July
- FREE New Venture Creation Training in Jhb! Don't miss this chance to make to make your business dreams come true!
- SABC High School Career Expos & Competition!
- OPEN DAYS @ WITS: Inquire about Focus days
- UNIVERSITY APPLICATION closing dates for 2019