- Agriculture, Fishing, Farming and Forestry
- Animal Sciences
- Artisans, Trades and Technicians
- Arts, Media and Entertainment
- Business, Admin & Finance
- Agricultural and Topographical Engineering
- Building and Construction
- Chemical and Power Generation Engineering
- Civil, Geological and Geographical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering and Town Planning
- Installation, Maintenance and Repair
- Marine and Aeronautical Engineering
- Mechanical & Automotive Engineering
- Metal Engineering and Tool Making
- Mining and Petro-Chemical Extraction
- Earth, Environment and Conservation
- Education and Training
- Fashion and Beauty
- Gardening, Horticulture and Botany
- Government and Law
- Green Careers
- Historical Sciences
- IT and Telecommunications
- Medical, Health & Life Sciences
- Production and Manufacturing
- Safety, Security and Emergency Services
- Science, Technology and Mathematics
- Social, Domestic and Community Services
- Sports, Sports Science and Recreation
- Tourism, Hospitality, Gaming and Lotteries
- Transport and Logistics
- Wholesale and Retail
Customs and excise consist of three groups, one concerned with excise of affairs, th other with customs affairs and the last with paassenger and external affairs.
An equal opportunity officer implements and organises programs funded by the government, relating to equal opportunity employment.
Foreign affairs officers represent the government by managing the relations between international organisations and foreign countries.
The Government Information Technology Managers are responsible for managing strategies and business processes using information technology.
They collect and analyse information and data to produce intelligence and to develop and analyse policies guiding the design, implementation and modification of government and commercial operations and programs
Economic development in local government is all about improving the economy of an area, by attracting new businesses, encouraging investment opportunities, increasing job opportunities, promoting leisure and tourism and identifying opportunities for sustainable growth and development. Local Economic Development Officers draw up local economic development strategies and implement actions to achieve all this.
Tax Officials are employed by SA Revenue Services, a division of the Department of Finance, and perform tasks of collecting taxes, auditing, interpreting and executing tax legislation, determining taxable income for organisation and individuals, auditing suspect cases of tax evasion, and administrating and processing data.