What is a Sewing Machine Mechanic?
Sewing Machine Mechanic is a person who is skilled to service, maintain and repair sewing machines and overlockers in clothing factories and, is some cases, in a private workshop, doing the same for private clients.
What does a Sewing Machine Mechanic do?
- troubleshoots and finds the problem
- takes machines apart
- corrects the problem by replacing parts or fixing old parts
- puts machines back together
- services regularly
- installs new or more up-to-date parts to sewing machines
- sets the timing
- makes sure needle is positioned correctly
- keeps records
Are you … ?
- good with your hands?
- will to do routine work?
- a person with good hand-eye co-ordination?
- able to work on your own?
- mechanically inclined?
How do I become a Sewing Machine Mechanic?
There aren’t many places you can study Sewing Machine Mechanics.
Here is one:
- APPAREL INDUSTRY TRAINING & MAINTENANCE
Offers a variety of clothing industry related mechanics training:
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education.
- CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming a Sewing Machine Mechanic the right career choice for me?