About this Job
- Qualification Required
- Maths Required
- Science Required
- In Demand
- Work Outdoors
What is a Sewing Machine Mechanic?
Sewing Machine Mechanic is a person who is skilled to service, maintain and repair sewing machines and overlockers in clothing factories and, is some cases, in a private workshop, doing the same for private clients.
What does a Sewing Machine Mechanic do?
- troubleshooting and finding the problem
- taking machines apart
- correcting the problem by replacing parts or fixing old parts
- putting machines back together
- servicing regularly
- installing new or more up-to-date parts to sewing machines
- setting the timing
- making sure needle is positioned correctly
- keeping records
Are you … ?
- good with your hands?
- will to do routine work?
- a person with good hand-eye co-ordination?
- able to work on your own?
- mechanically inclined?
How do I become a Sewing Machine Mechanic?
There aren’t many places you can study Sewing Machine Mechanics.
Here is one:
- APPAREL INDUSTRY TRAINING & MAINTENANCE
Offers a variety of clothing industry related mechanics training:
Is becoming a Sewing Machine Mechanic the right career choice for me?
See below for more info.