10 CARIBBEAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS 2018
by Karin Fuchsloch on Wed, May 09 2018 21:12:00
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30 MAY 2018
The Caribbean Maritime University (CMU) in Kingston, Jamaica, is offering TEN tuition-free only scholarships to South African students to study towards Bachelors of Science degrees.
FIELDS OF STUDY:
- Engineering in Industrial Systems
- Cruise Shipping
- Marine Tourism
• Tuition fees
• 50% accommodation discount for 2 Engineering scholarship students
The scholarship does NOT cover international travel, accommodation (university accommodation is approximately US$3500 per student per year), living expenses, uniforms (uniforms cost approximately US$750) or any other items not stated above. No funding is available from the DHET.
Any recipient of this scholarship must be able to cover these costs themselves.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applicants must meet the following general criteria:
• South African citizens in good health and with a strong academic record;
• Must have successfully completed National Senior Certificate with a Bachelor's pass and a minimum of 65% average mark achieved, excluding Life Orientation subject
• Applicants should be above 18 years of age;
• Applicants must apply for full-time study at the Caribbean Maritime University for the academic year starting in 2018;
• Candidates must be available to study in the Caribbean from August 2018;
• All applicants must meet the entry criteria for their selected programme at CMU;
• All applicants must meet the minimum academic requirement for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
There are two steps in the application process.
- University admission application (directly through the university)
- nomination for the tuition-free scholarship (through DHET)
1. UNIVERSITY APPLICATION:
- Submit an online application at http://cmu.edu.jm/admission/how-to-apply/
- Email Mr Nikkel Innerarity at email@example.com upon submission of your application.
2. DHET Application: Deadline: 30 May 2018
- Download here: http://www.internationalscholarships.dhet.gov.za/CARIBBEAN.html
- Email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 May 2018, together with:
- Certified copy of National Senior Certificate
- Certified copy of ID
- Reference letter from high school
DOCUMENTS AND LINKS:
For enquiries and questions about the fellowship opportunity or admission application submission, please contact the CMU at email: email@example.com and telephone: +1 876 924 8150 or +1 876 618 2408.
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions and are responsible for ensuring that the qualifications will be recognised in South Africa.
If there are any discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above.
No additional financial support will be provided by the Department of Higher Education and Training