Is my course accredited?
I am doing a Diploma course at a private TVET college but I have heard that it is not accredited. I also heard that I can't go on to do a degree afterwards. Is this true?
Before you sign on to any course at a private college,
(most public college courses are accredited)
the smart thing is always to:
- Get the registration number of the college and the course. The course will be identified with a this: NQF Level (a number) SAQA ID Number (a number)
- Check here http://www.careerplanet.co.za/accredited-private-higher-education-institutions on the list provided by Department of Higher Education to see if the course is accredited.
- It is important that both those numbers are on the list (you can do a search for them in the document)
- This list is updated regularly.
Unfortunately if your course is not accredited, most universities will not accept your qualification.
- SABC High School Career Expo: 24 & 25 August at Century City, Cape Town
- 18 AUGUST: FREE PARENT SEMINAR: Help your child make an informed career choice! Register for False Bay College's free Parent Seminar and Learner Career Assessment online.
- ESKOM EXPO for Young Scientists: Nationwide from 15-31 August 2018
- High School Scholarships. Apply by 31st August 2018.
- DON'T MISS SASOL TECHNO X 2018 at the Boiketlong Sport Centre, Eric Louw Road in Sasolburg from 13 – 17 August 2018.
- SAB is embarking on their most ambitious search yet for SA’s most promising and determined entrepreneurs. Only 60 places are available nationally for the SAB Foundation Tholoana Programme.
- Attention Boss Ladies! 10 week fully-funded 'Top Tech Tools for Women in Business' program for ambitious entrepreneurs. Applications close 31 August
- FREE BASIC COMPUTER TRAINING OPPORTUNITY. Applications close 20 August 2018 Venue: False Bay Colleges, Western Cape