I have worked in Agriculture for 5 years
I have worked in Agriculture for 5 years and never had a chance to get a certificate. I want a qualification.
There is something called Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) that may be useful.
It allows someone to get recognized for the learning and knowledge they have through working.
A qualification like a Certificate or Diploma is made up of Unit Standards.
Each Unit Standard has a list of skills and knowledge that SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) approves of (accredits).
This is how to do it:
- Look at the qualifications at educational institutions that offer agricultural courses.
- Speak to the lecturers to enquire which one you could qualify for.
- Apply for Recognition of Prior Learning for one or more Unit Standard.
- Note: There is a fee for assessment for each Unit Standard.
- You will then be tested on your skill and knowledge.
- If you pass, you will be credited with the number of credits with SAQA and do not have to study those Unit Standards for the qualification.
You may find it difficult to find all the places you can go. In that case go to the AGRISETA website.
This list which are all the qualifications under AGRISETA
You can then look at this list to find the Provider of Training and Assessment
If you still need help, write to AGRISETA to these email addresses: