I have National Diploma in Horticulture. What can I expect to be paid?
I have National Diploma in Horticulture but don't know what I can expect to be paid.
We found pay scales here:
When we entered Horticulture worker with one year experience here
We got R6000.
Because you don't have any experience you could ask for R5000 for the first 3 months with an increase of R500 after 6 months (with good performance) and another R500 – R1000 when you have a year's experience.
Ask what good performance means – so that you are both clear.If you really want the job and you feel that they cannot afford R5000 – you could come in lower – again with the same conditions of increased pay as your worth to the company increases.
Note – get a dated contract with these conditions written down. Both you and the employer must sign it.
- Showcase your technology innovation at INNOVATE! AT SUMMIT 2018. Apply now. Entries close on 15th July
- FREE New Venture Creation Training in Jhb! Don't miss this chance to make to make your business dreams come true!
- SABC High School Career Expos & Competition!
- OPEN DAYS @ WITS: Inquire about Focus days
- UNIVERSITY APPLICATION closing dates for 2019